Based in Breda, The Netherlands
March 8th, 2012
DescriptionIf you are looking for information about Sassybot, you have come to the right place. Sassybot is a Dutch company hailing from Breda, The Netherlands that specialises in game development and consultancy. The team behind SassyBot is composed of enthusiastic and ambitious individuals with a wide skillset set to industry standard.
Sassybot was formed on March 8th 2012 with the intention of turning our dream and passion of game development into a living. At the time, all of the current SassyBot members were studying Independent Game Development at the International Game Architecture & Design course in Breda, The Netherlands. By now, some of our members have graduated and are directing all their effort into growing Sassybot.
During our time at the game academy we got to know each other and appreciate working together. Besides working together on assignments and projects, we also started participating in game jams where our team grew individually and collectively. Every project left us more knowledgable, skillfull and in-tune with one another than the one before. By now, our catalogue spans nearly half a dozen games that we are proud of demonstrating.
Fragments of Him - Official Release TrailerYouTube
Fragments of Him - The DevelopersYouTube
Bomb Defuse Simulator Post MortemYouTube
Awards & Recognition
- Fragments of Him - SXSW Single Player Gamer's Voice Award Finalist SXSW, March 2016
- Fragments of Him - GaymerX3 Selection GaymerX, December 2015
- Fragments of Him - Develop: Brighton Top 10 Indie Showcase Selection Develop: Brighton 2015 - Hosted by Tandem: Events, June 2015
- Fragments of Him - Indigo 2014 Selection Indigo 2014 - Powered by Dutch Game Garden, September 2014
- Fragments of Him - Gamescom 2014 Holland Pavilion Selection Creative Industries Fund, August 2014
- Fragments of Him - GaymerX2 Selection GaymerX, July 2014
- Dear Stranger - 1st Place Hack the Park! Hack The Park!, June 2014
- Small Bang Theory - Indie Prize Showcase Casual Connect Amsterdam, February 2014
- Atum became a finalist in the 2013 IGF Student Showcase. The Independent Games Festival (IGF) holds an annual award ceremony where excellence in game development is awarded. IGF, 2013
- Bomb Defuse Simulator 2013 is an experimental head tracking and videogame mapping game, created in 72 hours during Ludum Dare 27. Out of the 776 Ludum Dare Jam submissions, Bomb Defuse Simulator 2013 was awarded 4th place in the innovation catagory. Ludum Dare Jam 27, September 2013
- Fragments of Him is a narrative point and click experience, created in 72 hours during Ludum Dare 26. Out of the 736 Ludum Dare Jam submissions, Fragments of him was awarded 4th place in the mood catagory. Ludum Dare Jam 26, May, 2013
- 2nd place Kongregate Ludum Dare competition Kongregate Ludum Dare Game Contest, September 30th, 2012
Tino van der Kraan
Game Designer, Arist, Creative